Solo traveling is a beautiful experience that everyone must try once in their lives. And when you are thinking of a solo trip in India, you are surely up for experiences to cherish lifelong. For traveling solo, there are so many places in India that spoil you for choices. Discover yourself by being alone, escape crowds, or try new things. A solo trip is therapeutic for your body, mind, and soul. And you can experience it, only when you go for it.
So, if your heart yearns to travel solo, we present you a list of the best places in India for a solo trip.
Goa offers the idyllic opportunity for some soulful travel experience. The balmy weather, beaches, nightlife, watersports, and heritage sites offer a wonderful holiday. Backpackers from all over the world choose Goa for their first holiday in India. To conquer your anxiety of traveling solo, Goa is the perfect start.
Things to do in Goa:
- Hire a two-wheeler and off you go exploring
- Laze on the beach or better stay at a beach camp
- Try adventure sports
- Enjoy the nightlife especially the beach parties
- Relish Goan culinary treats
- Visit old forts and churches
Located on the Malabar Coast in Southern India, Kerala is a paradise. It is one of the best places to travel alone in India. Kerala offers a blissful holiday, especially for the weary souls. Starting from the backwaters, beaches, hill stations to wildlife sanctuaries; you can choose any of these tourist attractions. You can also select a tour itinerary that includes all of these. The state is super friendly for solo women travelers.
Things to do in Kerala:
- Walkthrough tea, coffee, and spice plantations
- Enjoy cruising the backwaters on a houseboat
- Pamper yourself with rejuvenating treatments of Ayurveda
- Go for a jungle safari in Periyar and Eravikulam National Park
- Relax on the scenic beaches
- Attend cultural performances
- Savor cuisines of Kerala
- Be a part of the celebration at temples or the annual festival of Onam
If there is a solo trip that you cherish lifelong, then it’s surely one to Ladakh. Surrounded by the mightiest mountains of the world, the Great Himalayas and Karakoram ranges, Ladakh is an ultimate getaway for solo travelers. No wonder, it is one of the best places to visit in India for a solo trip. Some of the world’s highest passes, glacial lakes, ancient monasteries and many life-changing adventures give enough reason to visit Ladakh.
Things to do in Ladakh:
- Cross some of the highest motorable roads like Khardung La
- Enjoy a bike trip from Manali to Leh
- Go camping at Pangong Lake
- Take Chadar Trek
- Trek to Stok Kangri
- Stay at homestays in Ladakh
- Safari at the desert dunes of Hunder
- Visit ancient monasteries and attend festivals
Nestled in the lap of the Himalayas, Himachal Pradesh is one of the top choices to travel alone in India. Take your pick of which season you want to experience in the mountains. Summer is perfect for exploring, trekking, camping, river rafting, and other sports. A holiday in Himachal is all about exploring hill stations, enjoying the view of mountains, lush valleys, swift rivers and beautiful lakes. Ancient temples, monasteries, colonial bungalows, heritage hotels, and homestays add to the fun of exploring the hills. The most popular places to visit in Himachal include Shimla, Manali, Dharamshala, Dalhousie, Mcleodganj, and Lahaul-Spiti.
Things to do in Himachal Pradesh:
- Go trekking or camping in the mountains
- Get to Rohtang Pass and Solang Valley for adventure sports
- Ride the Kalka-Shimla Toy Train
- Visit temples, monasteries, and villages in Manali
- Stay at homestays in the hills or luxury hotels
- Join meditation and yoga camps
Rishikesh can be described as the ultimate solo getaway in India. Settled on the banks of River Ganga in the foothills of Himalayas, the town is a mix of spirituality and adventure. Known as the Yoga Capital of the World, Rishikesh has several ashrams that offer yoga, meditation, and wellness programs. To taste adventure, don’t miss out on river rafting. Riverside beaches are dotted with camps for a refreshing retreat. The many like-minded strangers you encounter here, never make you feel alone. Moreover, Rishikesh is among the best destinations for solo women travellers.
Things to do in Rishikesh:
- Join yoga and meditation camps at the ashrams
- Try river-rafting, camping, fox flying, rock climbing, and bungee jumping
- Attend the sacred Ganga Aarti at Triveni Ghat
In a nutshell, a solo trip introduces a new side of traveling. It is amazing to take a break from regular routines, traveling in groups, and enjoying unique experiences. So gear up, pack your bags, and off you go on your solo trip to these amazing destinations in India! The one who will return home will be your new self!