Gum disease: symptoms, causes, and natural remedies. The gums are one of the areas of the mouth more sensitive to infections and bacteria, such as those that cause gingivitis, an oral discomfort that can be prevented and treated. Otherwise, it can carry severe risks for our teeth. Today you will read about how to reverse receding gums at home with natural remedies.
The receding gums is a problem of oral health frequent and that, despite its consequences for our mouth, not always pay due attention.
- What are the symptoms or warning signs?
- What are the causes of their appearance?
We will answer these questions and know some natural remedies that will help prevent their appearance.
Gums are the most sensitive part of the mouth and exposed to the action of bacteria. Gum disease receding gums, in fact, is a gum response to its presence, and although it does not initially hurt, it can seriously affect the health of the teeth and mouth, as it can lead to periodontitis, a problem that may be irreversible and even cause the loss of dental pieces. Gingivitis, if left untreated, may end up affecting the gums, tissue surrounding the teeth and bone.
The receding gum is an infection or inflammatory process that affects the mouth and gums, with the appearance in some cases of ulcers. Oral infection that can spread the mucous membranes of the mouth palate tongue and the inside of the cheeks Inflammation of the mouth and ulcers may correspond to an infection called stomatitis, which may be associated with gingivitis. When the person is responsible for the herpes simplex virus is called herpes stomatitis.
Gum Disease Receding Gums: Causes
Gum Disease Receding Gums does not know the age, that is to say, it can appear in adults and children, being the accumulation of tartar (plaque) the main cause of its appearance. An inadequate or incorrect oral hygiene leaves our mouth more exposed to the attack of bacteria and the accumulation of bacterial plaque on the gums. Therefore, to avoid the appearance of gum disease the first recommendation is to adopt daily oral hygiene habits (brushing, mouthwash, dental floss) as well as to go to the dentist to perform a deeper cleaning if the plaque has already adhered to Gums and teeth.
The deficiency of vitamin C -the smokers certainly require a greater amount of this vitamin in your diet - it also affects our gums.
Gum Disease Receding Gums: Symptoms
The bleeding gum during brushing is usually a symptom of gingivitis unequivocal, as well as inflammation. Another sign, mild in principle, is redness of the gums, as well as bad breath (halitosis).
Natural Remedies To Reverse Receding Gums At Home
As we have pointed out, oral hygiene is essential to prevent the proliferation of bacteria. In the case of orthodontics, special care must be taken with hygiene as there is a greater chance that the bacteria will proliferate and infect the softer parts of the mouth. Similarly, avoid tobacco, alcohol and excess caffeine. To bet, in a matter of healthy habits, by a diet rich in vegetables and fruits, natural allies of our oral health and our general health. For example, apples and carrots help, by chewing, to strengthen the gums. Fruits rich in vitamin C - citrus - are also a good ally for oral health.
1. Among the natural remedies, tea tree oil, an antiseptic that relieves pain and inflammation of gums disease. Just mix one drop of oil with the toothpaste. For its part, the nail oil, applied with cotton on the gums, helps to mitigate the annoyances.
2. Aloe Vera, among its many properties, may also be beneficial in combating gingivitis, by applying it as a gel over the gums to reverse receding gums.
3. The rinses natural water with apple cider vinegar (one tablespoon) or infusion of lavender oil (you can add a tablespoon of honey) are also effective in these cases. Other herbs with which we can make a natural mouthwash against gingivitis are marshmallow, coral flower, marigold or golden flower and the lion's foot (avoid the latter in the case of gastric problems). One last remedy, eating a piece of apple after meals helps to clean your teeth naturally.