Nowadays many users are searching queries on how to repair Exchange 2013 database from corruption. Here, in this article, we will provide solution and guide users to repair corrupt database Exchange 2013 by using the Eseutil and Insinteg command. So, let’s get started!
With the increasing popularity of the Microsoft Exchange Server which is used by numerous IT companies & other industry verticals for communication and business purposes. All the server data like – mailboxes and data items are stored in the Exchange database file which is the main repository of the Exchange Server and it is vulnerable to corruption.
When any mailbox database gets corrupted or damaged then it becomes inaccessible, which means users can’t use the mailboxes and items. If this happens then it would disrupt the data flow. If anyhow users or organization lose Exchange data due to corruption then they have to face its consequences too such as:
- They have to bear the heavy financial loss
- Their company growth will start decreasing
- Its client and users may start losing their faith in them
- Have to face legal charges and penalties
- Sometimes the company or organization run out of business
To avoid all these issues or trouble it is important for users to repair and fix corrupt database Exchange 2013. So, that users can easily access the .edb file and do their job.
Solution for How to Repair Exchange 2013 Database from Corruption
Users can use the Eseutil and Isinteg tool which is the in-built utility provided by Microsoft. It is used to repair, defrag, & check the integrity of the damaged and lost Exchange data. You can use the Isinteg after the Eseutil to fix and test the condition.
This Eseutil utility repairs the corrupted or damaged Exchange Server database. It works with the EDB file, Extensible Storage Engine, Streaming media file, and Log file.
Eseutil provides eseutil /p cmdlet which repairs the damaged and corrupted. This command removes the corruption from the file and replaces all the corrupted data with white space. It repairs the Exchange database at the page and table level.
- User have to login with Microsoft Exchange Administrator
- Then, take the backup of the Exchange database
- After that dismount the EDB file from the Exchange Server
- Move the unwanted file and folder. Also, it requires enough storage space
- Then, use the check disk utility to test the hard drive for the bad sector
Command to Repair Corrupt Database Exchange 2013
1. Execute the eseutil /p cmdlet given below to repair the corrupt Exchange mailbox database:
eseutil /p “enter_database_name.edb”
After executing the command a warning dialogue box appear. If you want to repair the database then click on the OK button and proceed.
2. After that, insert the following command given below to defrag the database & rebuild indexes:
eseutil /d “enter_database_name.edb”
3. Then, run the Isinteg command to fix the logical corruption and repair the Exchange database at the application level
isinteg -s (SERVER) -fix -test alltests
4. After that select the recovered Exchange 2013 database from the Microsoft Exchange Server directory
Drawback Of Manual Method
- Requires ample amount of storage space and it is a time-consuming solution
- The data loss is permanent & you cannot predict that how much data is lost
- Users should have technical knowledge and expertise
Note: Many new users come forward and start using Exchange Server but as they are new to this environment it would be very difficult for them to repair corrupt mailbox database because it requires in-depth knowledge, technical skills, and hands-on experience. To avoid all the complexity & technicality that users face in the manual method, you can use the advanced solution provided below which easily recover and repair corrupt Offline / dismounted mailbox database without using any cmdlet in a simplified manner.
How to Repair Exchange 2013 Database from Corruption Via Automated Wizard?
The EDB Recovery Tool is used by many technical and non-technical users to repair the dismount/Offline Exchange database from minor or major corruption in a hassle freeway. As it provided graphical interface which makes the users work easier and save their time.
This advanced utility provides Quick and Advance scan mode option which recovers and repair the .edb file from corruption without any hassle. Users can choose the Quick scan to repair the minimally corrupted EDB file and for major corruption select the Advance scan. It supports all Exchange Server version from 2003 to 2016 users can load any Exchange database file and repair it from corruption.
After recovery, you can export the recovered mailboxes directly to Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 mailboxes, Office 365, and multiple file formats in a simplified way.
Working Steps to Repair Corrupt Database Exchange 2013
1. Download and Run the automated tool >> Then click on the add file button to load corrupt offline Exchange 2013 .edb file
2. Select the Advance scam mode >> Click on Add button
3. Preview the recovered Exchange 2013 database and mailboxes >> Click on the export button
4. Select Exchange database mailboxes & export it to the desired export option
Bringing It All Together
Now users have detailed information on how to repair Exchange 2013 database from corruption by using Eseutil and Isinteg command. If you are novice users and want a simple solution to repair the corrupted Exchange database file then you can use the advance solution described above which easily repairs the .edb file without any hindrance. According to your preferences, you can select the solution and repair the database without any hindrance.