International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the most accepted test in the world which is held to test the candidate’s proficiency in English language for higher education and immigration. This proficiency test is reciprocally owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English. In IELTS test, the candidates will be assessed on the following elements of English Language these are:
IELTS analyses candidate’s array of English skills necessary to succeed in new jobs or study abroad. One needs to score maximum band 9 to get the choicest location or organization. The band score of 6 to 8 is considered to be best and to achieve 7+, one has to work hard and practice each and every aspect of English Language with honesty.
Let us discuss the best strategy for IELTS preparations to score band 9 based on the survey conducted on some successful aspirants of IELTS test. But before anything, one needs to know the upcoming IELTS exam date, so candidate can start preparation accordingly
Best strategy for IELTS preparations to score 7+ in the first attempt
1. An aspirant should identify the test pattern, before starting exam preparation.
2. To systematically understand the test format and types of questions asked in IELTS test.
3. To analyze the expertise in English language candidates will be tested in three realms of the language namely - Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking Tests.
4. To study and examine previous year IELTS Tests and attempt them genuinely by keeping a stop-watch, to check your answering speed. The candidate must be familiar with the time-limit of attempting the test and then try to work hard on their time-management skills. It will help them to solve questions in tests effortlessly and accurately.
5. The candidates are advised to contribute one hour to venture Reading and Writing Tests and 40 minutes to Listening Test. The candidates should note that Speaking test is held for 15 minutes only. Therefore, they must put into practice by monitoring the relevant time limit to expertise the time management skills for IELTS Test.
6. The candidates must be aware of the marking scheme which is used to reward scores for the answers. In Listening and Reading Tests, the points are established for every correct answer. In Speaking and Writing Tests, the points will be awarded on the examiner’s surveillance. As there is no negative marking in IELTS exam, the candidates are suggested to attempt all the questions.
7. The candidates must do their self-analysis and test their capability in English language and then try to build up to reach the preferred grade in IELTS test.
8. The candidates must goal their band score and practice hard to accomplish it. They must frequently practice mock tests and work hard on their weaknesses.
9. The candidates should truthfully modest their proficiency levels in each and every linguistic skills of English language and then adopt a suitable strategy to overcome their weakness consequently.
10. An aspirant must proper doubt session and rectify the queries by taking guidance from well-qualified subject experts. It will be an appropriate approach to achieve embattled band score in IELTS test.
Hope that these tips will be advantageous for you to score band 7+ in IELTS test.
All the Best!!!