A cuboidal shaped brick ismoremysteriousthan our imagination. It will give your business a fine form. Industries such as bakery, furnace & other heat related industries use bricks the best.It is the most critical element, especially in the food business, and it is the most important thing we all need. Like other industries, such as Iron & steel, aluminium, glass, etc. in which the temperature is constantly high.
The Significance of Refractory Materials in Your Everyday Life:
In the regular operations of almost all manufacturing sectors, refractories take a significant role. These ceramic materials are important for all heat-intensive manufacturing processes. Major sectors and products they manufacture will not be present without refractories. Whether it is our ambulances, our clinics, the roads on which we depend, the medical supplies we use, the means of communication we use, waste that we must incinerate, and the drugs we use, the environment we know would not exist without refractories.
Let’s take the example of a car: Made of steel, copper, glass, aluminium, plastics, &among others. These materials are processed at very high temperatures. For example, iron is melted in an oven and converted into steel by processes up to 2,000 °C. In order to ensure that the walls of the furnace are not damaged by these temperatures, they have a refractory material coating. Similarly, these coatings are also used for the manufacture of glass, copper, aluminium, and plastics.
Fire Bricks uses in various Businesses
The best quality of Fire Bricks is required in food products, particularly in the bakery. Special temperature is required to give your food the best taste in areas such as pizza ovens. The results wouldn't be sogreat if the temperature isn't properly balanced. Extra heat and food are given at a perfect temperature by the best form of firebrick. So, the good quality firebricks will indirectly give you great benefit.
Like the food industry, the use of fire bricks in another place is equally fantastic. The area on the furnace also needs the same brick consistency. An oven is a place in which any constraint of temperature is crossed. So, if the quality is poor, the market value can be destroyed. But superior fire brick consistency is like life for the businesses like pizza parlors and furnaces.
Specifications& Varieties of Bricks
Such bricks also have various varieties for all specifications, as do other products. Each category has certain qualities and specifications. Few bricks types are discussed below:
1. Clay Bricks: They are small but very useful for decorating the outside portion of the ovens. It is liable for cracks and long length, like other ordinary bricks. In general, people avoid it for indoor parts even after this standard.Clay bricks are among the most frequently used construction materials. The most common uses for clay bricks include walls, towers, terraces, garden spaces, and fronts, but they really do not stop there. This type of handmade bricks can be used for a wide range of domestic and commercial applications. The clay pavers and bricks can be used for a wide variety of purposes because of their amazing properties.
Recent developments in the manufacture of bricks have permitted the introduction of bricks with higher voids, which provide comparable performance for bending strength and waterproofing. Many manufacturers of brick are very economic and realistic about the manufacture of clay bricks, so they want to minimize the amount of energy in the process.
Advantages of Clay Bricks:
• Low maintenance: Brick construction is usually built either by using precast brick cladding panels or by using the conventional stacking process. But one of the main benefits here is that no extra work is needed for these building materials. Although clay pavers, might initially cost you a little more in advance, but you need not be worried about the maintenance and service cost. Significant maintenance work on the outside could cost a small fortune, but clay bricks is known to be extremely economical in the long term.
• Durability: These construction materials are robust and permanent and bear the test of time. These bricks will not rust, corrode, rot, or burn, nor do they need any finishing paint containing the VOCs(Volatile Organic Compounds). The long service life of clay bricks is just one explanation of why they have been used for hundreds of years in houses.
• Energy Efficiency: The clay bricks are known to provide warmth in winter and cooler in summer, thereby ensuring that artificial heating mechanisms are not wasteful of energy.
• Acoustic insulation: In addition to its natural thermal characteristics, clay brick is very sought after with acoustic properties, which prevent airborne sound transmission and reduce the effect of outside noise.
• Environmentally Friendly: Clay brick is a 'mother earth' commodity that can be crushed and recycled after use. In addition to contributing to embodied energy savings, recycled clay bricks prolong the life cycle of the material.
2. Insulation Bricks: It's one of the most popular bricks. These bricks are greatly used to build the surfaces of the pizza ovens. The cost and the weight are less costly. They're cheaper, but the quality is good. The highest temperature in the oven can be consumed.
As the key components of kiln insulation, insulating bricks have an excellent performance in the improvement of kiln insulation and energy consumption. But there are so many kinds of refractory insulation bricks that exist. Thus, if you want to pick adequate insulation bricks, you need to take the physical and chemical requirements of heavy refractory bricks as your key guide, as the use of kiln characteristics, temperature, refractory temperature, and thermal conductivity.
Advantages of Insulation Bricks:
• Robustness: The high-pressure resistance of insulation bricks permits self-supporting structures at high temperatures. This is consistent with the thick fire bricks and enhances the whole structure.
• High Purity: Insulation bricks are low in impurities like iron which in many applications can adversely affect refractory efficiency. They are used with regulated atmospheres in many furnaces.
• High Insulation Value: The lightweight and high insulation value enhance performance and reduce the operating cost of thinner furnace walls.
• Precise Dimensions: As the insulation brick is built to precisely measure it can be easily and quickly laid out, resulting in a stronger refractory lining which leads to reduced heat loss by joints.
• Low heat storage: Lower heat storage against dense brick means reduced fuel costs in cyclically controlled heating equipment and faster heating.
3. Alumina Bricks: High Alumina bricks has multiple uses in various industries. Few are listed below.
• A hot blast stove, EAF, steel ladle, steel ladle molten, a cement kiln, glass furnace, reverberative stove, rotary ovens can be used, and so on with high alumina bricks.
• In the steel & iron, chemical engineering, and cement industries, high alumina bricks are commonly used.
• In all sorts of the thermal kiln, high alumina bricks are often used for refractory filling.
• It also can be used as a type of furnace bricks, including chock plug, and nozzles bricks of the pouring system & regenerative checker bricks.
Advantages of Alumina Brick:
• Consumption of High Temperature: With strong thermal shock resistance and low linear change, the high alumina brick consumption temperature is above 1750°C, making it long-lasting.
• Structural Optimization & Weight Reduction of the Furnace: Typically, the heavy brick with a density of the volume of 2.6-3.0g/cm3 is high-temperature materials, while the volume of alumina bricks is 1.1-1.5g/cm3. The alumina brick can decrease the weight by 1.1–1.9 tons of material per cubic meter volume.
• Preservation of materials: When the costs of heavy bricks are equivalent to the costs of alumina bricks, a certain amount of insulation is needed at the same working temperature. With alumina bricks, you can save 1.1-1.9 tons of heavy bricks for a cubic meter, which saves 80 percent refractory insulation materials.
• Saving energy: Alumina Bricks has low thermal conductivity, lower heat emissions, high thermal efficiency, and good thermal insulation capacity thus save energy. The saving impact of energy is more than 30%.
4. Heavy Duty Bricks: The bricks are the largest. These bricks are solid and with their high toughness can withstand the highest temperature level. It has 50% of alumina to prevent high temperatures from your product. Heavy Duty Bricks needed for heavy engineering construction, such as bridge structures, industrial foundations, and multi-storeyed buildings that are highly durable and compressive and have lower absorption of water. It is excellent for domestic as well as for commercial purposes since it is available in several types.
Refractory material such as Fire Bricks are the key component of different industries. A high and superior quality of the bricks is an important element for increasing the life of the food, furnaces or any heat-related industry products.
Refractories will always be an important industry for the manufacture of innumerable products that ensure the welfare of our worldwide society. As regulatory bodies across the world continue to analyze sectors, this important business category must be included in the refractory market.