Centre of Excellence for Power Engineering Technologies & Clean Energy Integration
The centre of Excellence for Power Engineering Technologies and Clean Energy Integration, entrenched its wings firmly in the year 2019, by the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at KIET Group of Institutions Ghaziabad. With the objective to create a platform with a multi-disciplinary environment for experts, researchers, academicians and students of power engineering and renewable energy worldwide, this excellence centre is tour de force across the other centres at AKTU.
Working on power engineering applications with clean and renewable energy system technologies, the centre at KIET provides infrastructural facilities and befitting environment to conduct experiments, develop an understanding of various constraints and requirements of power engineering applications, and produce research outcomes/solutions with societal benefits.
A snapshot of Facilities
The centre is well equipped with advanced research facilities of Opal-RT Real-Time Digital Simulator with access to hardware-in-the-loop capabilities, various types of electrical drives and machines, DSP Trainer Kits, Digital Storage Oscilloscope TPS 2014, 100MHz 4 Isolated Channel Colour Display, Eco-sense Hardware Simulator for PV Energy Conversion system, Hardware simulator for PMSG based wind energy conversion system, dSpace, Power Quality Analyzers and various application software such as MATLAB, DigSilent Power Factory and PVSyst.
With such robust technical amenities, the excellence centre of KIET is steadily marching to emerge as a lyceum in the field. It also provides a platform where world-renowned intellectuals could hold the hand of budding learners and share their expertise through different training programs, workshops, seminars, expert talks and FDP’s.
Check out the grills in the platter (THE OBJECTIVES)
Envisaging the potential of exponential growth in the field, KIET braces the idea of expanding the role of clean energy technology at various levels. The modus-operandi opted to achieve the planned objectives are-
- Developing a strong association of expertise with a variety of experiences to exchange experiences and ideas.
- Interminable Research & development in the area of clean and distributed energy systems for grid-connected, standalone, and microgrid applications.
- Design and development of E-Vehicles systems as per Green Mobility Mission.
- Conduct technical programmes such as training, workshops, seminars, expert talks, schools and FDPs in advance power engineering technologies and clean energy integration.
- Conduct technology awareness camps and events with KIET IEEE-SIGHT Student Branch at the not only international and national platform but also in nearby identified rural and remote areas.
Accolades & Vim @ The Lyceum (TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACTIVITIES)
The eminent faculty members of KIET associated with the Centre of Excellence for Power Engineering Technologies and Clean Energy Integration brought a number of acclaims since its inception. Some of them are-
- Four Week Summer Internship Programme on “Advanced Power Engineering Technologies, Instruments and Green Energy”, June 12- July 09, 2019
- One Week Faculty Development Programme on “Real-Time Simulation and Emerging Technology Applications using MATLAB” January 07-11, 2019.
- Short Term Course and Workshop on “Introduction to Real-Time Simulation and OPAL-RT” June 18-22, 2018
The Distinguished Lecture Series (DLS) was jointly organized by KIET IEEE Student Branch and KIET IEEE SIGHT Student Branch, in association with the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, KIET Group of Institutions Ghaziabad in the month of March 2019. Featured 12 Professors and Researchers around the world belonging from different Universities and Nationalities across the Globe.
A two-day workshop on Real-Time Simulation and Applications in Power Engineering Technologies in association with OPAL-RT and technically sponsored by IEEE PES/IAS Joint Chapter Uttar Pradesh Section. The event was coordinated by Dr Brijesh Singh, Prof. Kapil Gandhi and Prof. Ramesh Singh, faculty members of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, KIET.
The Centre of Excellence for Power Engineering Technologies and Clean Energy Integration (CEPET&CEI), Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, KIET Group of Institutions Ghaziabad, India and KIET IEEE Student Branch have jointly organized a Short Term Training Programme on Modelling and Simulations of Renewable Energy Systems and Integration during January 06-10, 2020 in association with. The programme is Co-Sponsored by IEEEPES/IAS Joint Chapter UP Section.