The human beings need to get peaceful and adequate sleep to have a healthy lifestyle. Sleep is important because it helps in rejuvenating the human body, both mentally and physically. If you are not getting adequate hours of sleep or you are sleeping poorly then you will find it hard to be productive and efficient in life.
It is essential that you are as comfortable as possible when you sleep so that you can enjoy good quality sleep. You can only enjoy good sleep if you have a cozy bed, ideal sleeping environment, and comfortable sleepwear.
Here are two key considerations that need to be kept in mind while choosing the sleepwear so that you can sleep peacefully.
The Right Fabric:
Whether you feel comfortable sleeping in simple pajamas or onesie pajamas womens or any other style of sleepwear you should make sure that you invest in the invest the right fabric. The type of the fabric plays a critical role in determining the quality of sleep.
Here are few fabric options to choose from when it comes to the sleepwear.
- Cotton: Cotton is soft, lightweight, breathable an affordable option. It offers good air circulation and is gentle against the skin. But the cotton is not a good insulator and is not a good option for those who experience night sweats.
- Bamboo: It is a natural fabric that is soft and silky. It is made from plant fibers. It has the ability to keep the body at a comfortable temperature as it gets rid of the moisture. It is a great option for people who suffer from allergies as it is hypoallergenic. It also has a few anti-bacterial qualities.
- Silk: Silk is a gorgeous and comfortable fabric option for sleepwear. It has thermoregulatory qualities which mean that it keeps them warm when it gets cold and cools it down when it gets too warm. It is an excellent fabric choice but it is expensive as compared to the other options.
- Wool or fleece: These fabrics are great for keeping you warm during cold nights but it has a few drawbacks. Wool and fleece can irritate the skin making you uncomfortable throughout the night. They are not breathable at all and can overheat the body.
- Flannel: It is a great fabric choice for cold months because it can keep you warm when the temperature drops. It is warm as well as breathable so the body does not overheat so it keeps you safe from night sweats.
- Moisture-wicking sleepwear: People who suffer from a serious case of night sweats need to find sleepwear that keeps their body cool so that they can enjoy a good sleep. The moisture wicking material is perfect for them as it draws water from the skin and regulates the body temperature.
The Perfect Fit:
The fit of the sleepwear also impacts the quality of sleep. It is always better to buy pajamas or onesies that are loose so that your body can move easily as you sleep. Tight sleepwear is not comfortable and ends up disturbing the sleep.